Su Gao's Publication List
here to get a listing of Su Gao's papers from the AMS MathSciNet
with links to Mathematical Reviews.
(Note: You or your institution must have a valid MathSciNet
Recent Research Papers
- (with S. Jackson) Countable abelian
group actions and hyperfinite equivalence
relations, Inventiones Mathematicae
201 (2015), no. 1, 309-383.
- (with Z. Yin) A
note on equivalence relations lp(lq), Mathematical Logic Quarterly 61
(2015), no. 6, 516-523.
- (with A. Hill) Topological
isomorphism for rank-1 systems, Journal d′Analyse
Mathematique 128 (2016), no. 1, 1-49.
- (with S. Jackson and B. Seward) Group colorings and Bernoulli subflows,
Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society 241, no. 1141, 2016,
- (with A. Hill) Bounded
rank-1 transformations, Journal d′Analyse
Mathematique 129 (2016), 341-365.
- (with L. Ding) Non-archimedean
abelian Polish groups and their actions, Advances in Mathematics 307
- (with C. Chang) The
complexity of the classification problem of continua, Proceedings of
the American Mathematical Society 145 (2017), no. 3, 1329-1342.
- (with C. Ziegler) On
polynomial-time relation reducibility, Notre Dame Journal of Formal
Logic 58 (2017), no. 2, 271-285.
- (with S. Jackson, E. Krohne, and B. Seward) Forcing
constructions and countable Borel equivalence
relations, preprint, 2015.
- (with A. Hill) Disjointness between bounded rank-one transformations,
- (with S. Jackson, E. Krohne, and B. Seward) Continuous
combinatorics of abelian group actions,
- (with C. Ziegler) Topological mixing properties of rank-one subshifts, preprint, 2018.
- (with M. Foreman, A. Hill, C. Silva, and B. Weiss) Rank-1
transformations, odometers, and finite factors, preprint, 2018.
1. Equivalence relations, classification problems, and
descriptive set theory
(Chinese), to appear in 2015 Mathematics Institute Lectures, Chinese Academy of
Special issue: International
Meeting on Logic, Algebra and Geometry. Held in St. Petersburg, June 1-7,
2004. Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 143 (2006), no. 1-3. (coeditors: A. M. Vershik and Y. Zhang)
Advances in Logic. The North Texas Logic
Conference, October 8-10, 2004, University of North Texas, Denton. Contemporary
Mathematics 425, American Mathematical Society, RI, 2007. (coeditors: S.
Jackson and Y. Zhang)
issue: Methods of Logic in Mathematics. Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 158
(2009), no. 3. (coeditors: A. Blass and Y. Zhang)
Set Theory. Pure and Applied Mathematics, A Series of Monographs and Textbooks,
293. Taylor & Francis Group, 2009. ISBN-13: 978-1-58488-793-5.
Older Research Papers
- The degrees of conditional problems, The Journal of
Symbolic Logic 59 (1994), no. 1, 166-181.
- On automorphism groups of
The Journal of Symbolic Logic 63 (1998), no. 3, 891-896.
- A dichotomy theorem for mono-unary algebras, Fundamenta
Mathematicae 163 (2000), no. 1, 25-37.
- Coding subset shift by subgroup conjugacy, The Bulletin of the
London Mathematical Society 32 (2000), no. 6, 653-657.
- A remark on Martin's conjecture, The Journal of
Symbolic Logic 66 (2001), no. 1, 401-406.
- (with R. Camerlo) The completeness of the
isomorphism relation for countable Boolean algebras, Transactions of
the American Mathematical Society 353 (2001), no. 2, 491-518.
- Some dichotomy theorems for isomorphism relations of
The Journal of Symbolic Logic 66 (2001), no. 2, 902-922.
- The action of SL(2,Z) on the
subsets of Z2, Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 129
(2001), no. 5, 1507-1512.
- (with P. Gerdes) Computably enumerable equivalence
relations, Studia Logica
67 (2001), no. 1, 27-59.
- (with J. Clemens and A. S. Kechris) Polish metric
spaces: their classification and isometry groups, The Bulletin of
Symbolic Logic 7 (2001), no. 3, 361-375.
- Some applications of the Adams-Kechris technique, Proceedings of the
American Mathematical Society 130 (2002), no. 3, 863-874.
- (with A. S. Kechris) On the classification of Polish
metric spaces up to isometry, Memoirs of the American Mathematical
Society 161, no. 766, 2003, viii+78pp.
- (with V. Pestov) On a
universality property of some abelian Polish groups, Fundamenta Mathematicae 179
(2003), no. 1, 1-15.
- The homeomorphism problem for countable topological
Topology and Its Applications 139 (2004), no. 1-3, 97-112.
- (with G. E. Jan, K.-Y. Chang and I. Parberry) A 4-geometry maze router and its
application on multi-terminal nets, ACM Transactions on Design
Automation of Electronic Systems (TODAES) 10 (2005), no. 1, 116-135.
- Unitary group actions and Hilbertian
Polish metric spaces,
Logic and Its Applications, 53-72. Contemporary Mathematics 380, American
Mathematical Society, RI, 2005.
- (with C. Shao) Random generations of the countable
random graph, Annals of Pure and
Applied Logic 143 (2006), 79-86.
- (with L. Ding) Diagonal actions and Borel equivalence relations, The Journal of
Symbolic Logic 71 (2006), no. 4, 1081-1096.
- Equivalence relations and classical Banach
Mathematical Logic in Asia, 70-89, Proceedings of the 9th Asian Logic
Conference, Novosibirsk, Russia, 16-19 August 2005, S.S. Goncharov, R Downey, and H. Ono, eds., World
- (with L. Ding) On generalizations of Lavrentieff's theorem for Polish group actions,
Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 359 (2007), no. 1, 417-426.
- (with L. Ding) New metrics on free groups,
Topology and Its Applications 154 (2007), 410-420.
- (with A. W. Miller and W. A. R. Weiss) Steinhaus sets and Jackson sets,
Advances in Logic, 127-145. Contemporary Mathematics 425, American
Mathematical Society, RI, 2007.
- Complexity ranks of countable models, Notre Dame Journal of
Formal Logic 48 (2007), no. 1, 33-48.
- (with L. Ding) Graev
metric groups and Polishable subgroups,
Advances in Mathematics 213 (2007), 887-901.
- (with S. Jackson, M. Laczkovich
and R. D. Mauldin) On the unique representation of families of sets,
Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 360 (2008), 939-958.
- (with Y. Zhang) Definable sets of generators in
maximal cofinitary groups, Advances in
Mathematics 217 (2008), 814-832.
- (with L. Ding) On separable Banach
subspaces, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 340
- (with S. Jackson and V. Kieftenbeld) A
classification of ordinals up to Borel
isomorphism, Fundamenta Mathematicae
198 (2008), 61-76.
- (with M. Oliver) Borel
complexity of isomorphism between quotient Boolean algebras, Journal
of Symbolic Logic 73 (2008), no. 4, 1328-1340.
L. van den Dries) A Polish group without Lie sums, Abhandlungen aus
dem Mathematischen Seminar der Universitaet Hamburg 79 (2009),
- (with S. Jackson and B. Seward) A coloring property
for countable groups, Mathematical Proceedings of the Cambridge
147 (2009), no. 3, 579-592.
- (with V. Kieftenbeld) Resolvable
maps preserve complete metrizability,
Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010), no. 6,
- (with S. Jackson and V. Kieftenbeld) The Laczkovich-Komjath
property for coanalytic equivalence relations,
The Journal of Symbolic Logic 75 (2010), no. 3, 1091-1101.
- (with C. Shao) Polish ultrametric Urysohn spaces
and their isometry groups, Topology and Its Applications 158 (2011),
- (with S. Jackson and B. Sari) On the complexity of the uniform homeomorphism relation between
separable Banach spaces, Transactions of the American
Mathematical Society 363 (2011), no. 6, 3071-3099.
- Graev ultrametrics and surjectively
universal non-Archimedean Polish groups, Topology and Its Applications 160 (2013), 862-870.
representations of Polishable ideals, Proceedings of the 12th
Asian Logic Conference, 125-143. World Scientific, NJ, 2013.
- (with L. Ding) On
the Borelness of the intersection operation,
Israel Journal of Mathematics 195 (2013), no. 2, 783-800.
- (with M. Xuan) On
non-Archimedean Polish groups with two-sided
invariant metrics, Topology and Its Applications 161 (2014), 343-353.
- (with A. Hill) A
model for rank one measure preserving transformations, Topology and
Its Applications 174 (2014), 25-40.
- (with L. Ding) Is
there a Spectral Theory for all bounded linear operators? Notices of
the American Mathematical Society 61 (2014), no. 7, 730-735.